Welcome to Maxo's Vehicle Loader Resources
On this site I will have resources for using MVL, some of them being MVL Vehicles available for download, documentation on how to make your own or convert a vehicle to MVL and also in modifying the new settings and features that MVL brings to Vice City.
Everything Is Online Again!
May 22, 2013
After relying on the ToR Browser and using Proxy's to access this site Ucoz Finally gave the go ahead and changed the server giving me back full access to my site and not the limited editing I had previously which stopped me from doing much so hopefully it is all smooth plain sailing from this point onwards.
I'm Back!!! -- XML Builder 0.60 Released Publicly!!!
Apr 6, 2013
After having trouble for the last few weeks accessing my site due to my ISP blocking the server on which my site is hosted, I am back thanks to the ToR Project Browser which is letting my get around that block until there investigation is finished and the server is unblocked, I plan to finally get some more updates done now and keep up with all the progress made with MVL since I last edited this place, there is also a bunch of spam comments and possibly a few comments that are not spam that need either approval or removal which should keep me busy for the next few hours and days.
Also now that I am back online I have finally release the MVL XML Generator 0.60 which has a complete restyle and lots of new features, this has been in a private build state for several months now pending the release of MVL 0.98C but since that is still yet to release I have just gone ahead and released this publicly, If you see no difference when viewing the page be sure to reload (usually 'Ctrl' + 'R') or clean your cache's and cookies, this has yet to have been used on mass so some bugs might still need to be found so please do comment if you find something strange or weird that need fixing, be sure to keep an eye on the dimensions field, in MVL 0.98C it is not needed for the MVL Vehicle to load but in all previous versions it is, as some of you may know there is a Test Version of MVL 0.98C which is floating around so if anyone wants a link to that just ask me, I think that is all for now, so get clicking and test out the new XML Builder/Generator, further information as to the changes applied to it can be found in the XML Builder changelog located on the XML Builder page.
Jan 2, 2013
Pike by Frank.S
The Pike was actually the first weapon created for MVL, while the weapon part of MVL was in its testing stages Maxorator asked for someone to make a weapon with some custom animations for testing purposes, Frank.s answered that with this... the Pike, what actually looks like a deadly weapon actually acts more like a bat than a knife, and since it was the first weapon for MVL I thought it would be a great choice for the first featured MVL mod, and because there is no download around for this Frank.s has given me permission to host his weapon here, sadly at the time I did not think to ask for an interview about the mod, but I have done so now and if I get a response soon I will post it here.
Q1 - What made you choose the Pike as a the weapon to make?
I wanted a unique weapon that would use a new attack animation. Nothing too complex. I originally planned a bow and arrow but i didn't want to put Maxo under any pressure to make the new mechanics for firing it. A big thanks goes to him for making this all possible.
Q2 - Roughly how long did it take to model/texture/etc.?
About 30 mins in total, i google searched a picture of a pike and cropped it into a texture then started modeling the pike from the cylinder pole and then the blade by duplicating verts and connecting them up with faces. A slow method if you're gonna make something big, but because the pike isn't high poly that makes the method efficient. Also the symmetry modifier came in handy, i only needed to model a quarter of it to finish 'cos of that.
Q3 - How pleased were you with the outcome?
Quite, call it a 3/5. I would've liked the animation to have more fluidity, the attack looks a little weird because i've never animated anything before. tounge.gif
Q4 - Any further comments or think you would like me to share or include with the write up?
Nope, other than; keep up your great work on your mods and site activity. smile.gif
If you have a suggestion for the next featured mod, PM me over on GTA Forums
Recent MVL News
- April 6, 2013 - XML Builder 0.60 Launched (Complete Overhaul, Be Sure to Clean Your Cookies If You See No Difference)
- January 7, 2013 - MVL 0.98b Released
- January 3, 2013 - XML Builder 0.58 Launched (Now Support Vehicles XML's and GlobalM.XML)>
- January 2, 2013 - Featured Mod section kicks off with the Pike by Frank.S
- December 31, 2012 - MVL 0.98a Released
- December 23, 2012 - We moved to the new Address at http://almost610.ucoz.com/blog/welcome/2012-12-23-4
- December 18, 2012 - XML Builder 0.56 Launched
- December 17, 2012 - XML Builder 0.55 Launched
- December 14, 2012 - Weapons Archive/Download Page Created
- December 13, 2012 - Maxo Releases a new Test Build, new Features include Towing, Adding Weapons, A Random Path Generator and More.
- December 11, 2012 - XML Builder 0.54I Launched
- December 10, 2012 - XML Builder 0.54H Launched
- December 8, 2012 - Maxo showed off the weapon loader feature with a functioning Spike Strip.
- December 7, 2012 - XML Gen 0.54g Launched
- December 5, 2012 - MVL Resources had its new look style lauched
- November 26, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54e uploaded
- November 25, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54d uploaded
- November 22, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54c uploaded
- November 22, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54b uploaded
- November 21, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54a uploaded
- November 19, 2012 - MVL How To... (aka, Structure Example) uploaded
- November 18, 2012 - XML Generator 0.54 uploaded
- November 17, 2012 - XML Generator Now Available
- November 12, 2012 - MVL 0.98 Uploaded
- November 7, 2012 - This Site Launched with the Vehicles Download Page
Maxo's Vehicle Loader Links